Wednesday, November 22, 2006

November 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Peter 5-God has had it with the proud, but takes delight in just plain people.
Jeremiah 39-40-Meanwhile, the Babylonians burned down the royal palace, the Temple, and all the homes of the people.
Psalm 138-Thank you! Everything in me says "Thank you!"
Psalm 93-Our LORD, you are King!
---
The dining room. A little different from the kitchen table. We eat here mostly. Lately it has been for more special occasions. Times when family and friends join us for the blessings of food and fellowship. Blessings of some plain people gathered together in life to live and share lives with one another. Mostly good times. The people of Judah in the book of Jeremiah were experiencing some bad times. Times that resulted from their sin of turning away from God to false gods. Times that resulted in the destruction of the Temple and the homes of the people. Homes where gatherings of lives at dinner tables won't take place again for some time. People either cast into exile in Babylon or the poor left behind in destruction. Sad times. Times to repent. Times to turn back to God. Times to recognize their need of God's salvation. God does provide salvation. God does come to us in exile and offer us his love. I must recognize my times of exile and turn around. Turn around and bump right into a Savior who was always there with me waiting for me to come to my senses. Turn around and give thanks. Thanks for his presence and his gracious love and salvation. Bump right into my Savior and give him a hug of thanks and praise. Out of my exile the contrast becomes oh so clear. Christ is my King! King of my life! Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, how about Supper at my house tonight? Maybe while you're at it you can open my eyes! ---Amen

No comments: