Tuesday, November 14, 2006

November 14th Daily Word and Visions from God

James 2-Isn't it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works?...Is it not evident that a person is made right with God not by a barren faith but by faith fruitful in works?...Separate faith and works and you get a corpse.
Jeremiah 23-24- "Time's coming"-GOD's Decree-"when I'll establish a truly righteous David-Branch, a ruler who knows how to rule justly.
Psalm 130-...with GOD's arrival comes love...
Revelation 7.9-17-"Do you know who these people are that are dressed in white robes? Do you know where they come from?"..."These are the ones who have gone through the great suffering. They have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and have made them white."
---
A person dressed up as Santa Claus advertising some apartments for rent. I have seen them dressed up as clowns also. Trying to get the attention of anyone who will look. I wonder sometimes if I look like a clown or a person in a costume when I speak my faith to others. Maybe, but it really doesn't matter. I will look like whatever for Christ. I will do whatever needs to be done to proclaim the message. I think God wants me to not only be willing to proclaim my faith. But also to show my faith in action. If I'm not willing to act on my faith; is faith really present? In my action, I am free to set aside the worries of what people may think. I am free to set aside this emotion and take a bold step in telling about the Truth in God and how God came down to this world for each of us. I am free to go through the great suffering because my robes are washed clean in the blood of the Lamb. In faith, I can see Jesus who led the way on and through the cross and the suffering to a resurrection of my life and all life through the sins of all people. Dressed up as Santa Claus or some Clown, I'm willing to live out my faith in love to proclaim the real message this day. God has arrived in Jesus and in his arrival we have love and faith and action. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, give me the boldness this day to proclaim and act upon your love. ---Amen

No comments: