Monday, September 10, 2007

September 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
When nights are long with wakefulness, through days when strength runs low, grant us your gift of patience, Lord, your calming peace to know. ("We Come to You for Healing, Lord" - Text: Herman G. Stuempfle Jr., b. 1923)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 13.21-38-Will you lay down your life for Me?
2 Chronicles 19-He said to the judges, "Consider what you are doing, for you do not judge for man but for the LORD who is with you when you render judgment."
Psalm 78.38-55-But He, being compassionate, forgave their iniquity and did not destroy them; and often He restrained His anger and did not arouse all His wrath.
1 Timothy 3.14-4.5-But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I gave My life for you out of compassion. Now give your life to Me responding in love.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
When at night I find it hard to sleep, my mind turns to You, Lord.
I seek Your peace and comfort.
I seek rest in Your presence.
Sometimes I struggle with my sin and doubt.
Sometimes my mind just doesn't seen to want to stop.
Then I think of those times You prayed through the night.
Then I pray to You for Your direction.
When You wrestle the struggle away from me.
When I give it over to You.
The struggle disappears and action and blessing sets in.
The path becomes clear. The direction obvious.
It's all about You and what You have done.
It's not about my will but about Your will.
I lay down my life for You and give it back to You.
My life is Yours after all anyway.
Help me always to keep my focus on You.
Help me always to put my will aside for Yours.
Gift me with the rest I need to do Your work.
Use me as You choose.
My life is Yours. I lay it down to You.
I love You.
You gave Your life for mine.
I give my life to You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord; It's not about what I want and need. It's not about me. It's all about You. It's about what You have done. Teach me Your compassion. Teach me Your Love. May I give Your Compassion and Love to those You gift me with today. May I do this in Your Way and in Your Name. ---Amen

No comments: