Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
By gracious powers so faithfully protected, so quietly, so wonderfully near, we live each day in hope, with you beside us, and go with you through every coming year. ("By Gracious Powers" - Text:Dietrich Bonhoeffer, 1906-1945; tr. Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 19.16b-42-Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.
2 Chronicles 30-For the LORD your God is gracious and compassionate, and will not turn His face away from you if you return to Him.
Psalm 86-But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth.
Amos 8.4-7-The LORD has sworn by the pride of Jacob, "Indeed, I will never forget any of their deeds."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I gave My Life for you out of compassion and love. I am the Deed that needed to be done. Don't turn from My face. Focus on Me alone.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Ever-present Lord and Savior,
You are always near to me.
You are always here with me.
You are always loving.
You are always compassionate.
You are always merciful.
You are always slow to anger.
You are always truthful.
You are always ...
Ever-present Lord and Savior.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you drank the sour wine of my sin and gave Your Life for me. You alone I worship and adore. You are the God of the past, present and future. You are the God of eternity. You are the God of Life. You are God! You are Savior! You are Life! ---Amen

No comments: