Sunday, September 09, 2007

September 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ("Jesus, Remember Me"- Text: Luke 23.42; Taize Community)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 13.1-20-Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God, got up from supper, and laid aside His garments; and taking a towel, He girded Himself. Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
2 Chronicles 18-Please inquire first for the word of the LORD.
Psalm 78.21-37-Yet He commanded the clouds above and opened the doors of heaven; He rained down manna upon them to eat and gave them food from heaven. Man did eat the bread of angels; He sent them food in abundance.
Luke 14.25-33-Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will never forget you. You are always welcome into My Kingdom. Pick up your cross and follow me in service and love for Me and all My children.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I ask for You to remember me when You come into Your Kingdom.
Then I discover Your Kingdom is here with me.
I discover that Your Kingdom came with Jesus.
I discover that Your Kingdom will come in full glory with You once again.
Your Kingdom has come! Now may Your will be done!

I ask that Your will be done in and through me.
I ask to be that servant that You have demonstrated.
I ask for the Love you show.
I ask to do Your will and love those given to me.
Your Kingdom has come! Now may Your will be done!

I inquire of Your Word and listen for Your Voice.
I seek Your will and try to understand.
You rain down the Manna of Jesus and fill my life.
You feed me with the Word made Flesh and Your heavenly Manna of Life.
Your Kingdom has come! Now may Your will be done!

I see the pain, suffering and death You gave for the life of the world.
I see the cross You wish for me to carry.
You have equipped me to minister and to carry that cross.
I carry that cross and follow Your path.
Your Kingdom has come! Now may Your will be done!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, I read how Your Kingdom came when You appeared on this earth. When Manna came down from heaven. I feel how You come to me. Into my heart. Into my soul. Into my life. Your Kingdom has come to me in baptism, life and Word. I look forward to that time when Your Kingdom will be fulfilled. When You come again to judge the living and the dead and complete Your Kingdom. But today I ask that Your Kingdom and Your will may come to me and that I may participate. I wanna play today in Your Kingdom to Your honor and glory. ---Amen

No comments: