Thursday, September 20, 2007

September 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
As birds in the morning sing their praise, God's fatherly love we cherish, for giving to us this day of grace, for life that shall never perish. The church God has kept two thousand years, and hungering souls did nourish. ("O Day Full of Grace" - Text:Scandinavian folk hymn; Nikolai F.S. Grundtvig, 1783-1872; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 20.1-18-Mary Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord,"...
2 Chronicles 31-Every work which he began in the service of the house of God in law and in commandment, seeking his God, he did with all his heart and prospered.
Psalm 87-"All my springs of joy are in you."
Psalm 113-From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the LORD is to be praised.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You have seen Me through your tears. I give Life. Now go into eternity to love and serve Me in My Kingdom.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
How I can hear the morning songs of Your creation sing praise to You.
I can hear the evening songs of Your creation sing praise to You.
Birds and crickets, cars and trains, people singing and laughing all praise You.
We praise You, our resurrected Glory, now, and into eternity.
From the rising of the sun to its setting and beyond, we praise Your Name.
You have given each of us Life and Grace and blessed us with new days forever and ever.
You created all that exists and pour out Your Love into each living thing.
You are God! To You we sing praises.
With all my heart I sing praise to You.
With all my heart I joyously work in Your Kingdom.
With all my heart I live my life of eternity with You.
In Your resurrection, You gave me a gracious new "spring" of Life.
You graciously gave a new beginning.
May I always bud, flower and grow in You to eternity.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Through the tears of death, Lord, You gave joy and Life. In You alone am I saved. You are the God of all creation. You are the God of all Life. Call me, send me, use me this day to love and serve You and those You give to me in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: