Friday, September 07, 2007

September 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
There is a balm in Gilead to make the wounded whole; there is a balm in Gilead to heal the sin sick soul. Sometimes I feel discouraged and think my work's in vain, but then the Holy Spirit revives my soul again. There is a balm in Gilead to make the wounded whole' there is a balm in Gilead to heal the sin sick soul. ("There Is a Balm in Gilead" - Text: African American spiritual)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 12.1-26-If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.
2 Chronicles 14-15-LORD, there is no one besides You to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us, O LORD our God, for we trust in You, and in Your name have come against this multitude. O LORD, You are our God, let not man prevail against You.
Psalm 77-I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember You wonders of old. I will meditate on all Your work and muse on Your deeds. Your way, O God, is holy; what god is great like our God?
Psalm 1-How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, not stand in the path of sinners, not sit in the seat of scoffers!
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will heal your soul. I will save you in the battle. Stand with Me, now and forever.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
There are times when I am weary and worried.
There are times when I am frustrated.
There are times when I have lost hope.
There are times when I explode in anger.
There are times when I sin.

Forgive my sinfulness Lord.
Forgive my worry and frustration.
Forgive me for losing hope.
Forgive my temper and rage.
Forgive my sin dear Lord.

Rescue me in the midst of the battle.
Save my life from my selfish pride.
Humble me in Your presence.
Love me with Your Love.
Send me in Your Grace.

I love You Lord God my Savior.
I honor and praise Your name.
I remember all Your mighty works.
There is no one besides You.
You are my King, Savior, Brother and Lord of all.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, forgive my sin. Forgive my rage. Forgive my thoughtless words and actions. Lord, forgive me I pray. --- Amen

No comments: