Saturday, September 15, 2007

September 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor trials in the present, nor any trial to come, neither height, nor depth, nor all of creation can ever separate us from the love of God poured out in Christ Jesus, our Lord. All of the suffering we now must endure is nothing to the glory so soon to be revealed when creation itself is set free. Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor trials in the present, nor any trial to come, neither height, nor depth, nor all of creation can ever separate us from the love of God poured out in Christ Jesus, our Lord. ("Neither Death nor Life" - Text:Marty Haugen, b. 1950, based on Romans 8)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 17-This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
2 Chronicles 25-He did right in the sight of the LORD, yet not with a whole heart.
Psalm 82-God takes His stand in His own congregation; He judges in the midst of the ruler. How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Vindicate the weak and fatherless; do just to the afflicted and destitute.
1 Timothy 1.12-17-It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will not separate myself from you. You will know Me. You see me in Jesus, whom I have sent to you. Even though you sin, I have mercy and patience. Believe in Me!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You come down dear Lord.
You come down to me in Christ.
You come down into my life.
You come down into my heart.
You come down dear Lord.

You never separate Yourself from me.
You are merciful.
You are patient.
You are loving.
You never separate Yourself from me.

You reveal Yourself to me.
You show me Your Son.
You fill me with Your Spirit.
You gift me with Grace.
You reveal Yourself to me.

You forgive my sin.
You give me faith.
You vindicate the weak.
You do just to the afflicted and destitute.
You forgive my sin.

I am the foremost of sinners.
Yet You demonstrate patience through Jesus for me.
Yet You show kindness through Jesus for me.
Yet You save me through Jesus.
I am the foremost of sinners.

You are my God and Savior!
I rejoice in You.
I glorify You.
I praise You.
You are my God and Savior!

You call me day by day.
You send me in joy to serve.
You send me in joy to love.
You send me in joy to forgive.
You call me day by day.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
No doubt about it Lord, I'm a sinner. I'm a good sinner. Yet I know of Your Love and Grace through Jesus Christ. I know of Your redemption. Teach me kindness when in conflict. Teach me how to leave all evil tension behind and focus on You. Lead me away from those who slander and bring harm and pain to the ones I love. Lead me away from bitterness and hatred and jealousy and strife. Lead me to Your Voice. Lead me to hear Your command. Lead me to You. ---Amen

No comments: