Tuesday, September 18, 2007

September 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, we that love the Lord, and let our joys be known; join in a song with sweet accord, join in a song with sweet accord and thus surround the throne, and thus surround the throne, We're marching to Zion, beautiful, beautiful Zion: we're marching upward to Zion, the beautiful city of God. ("Come, We That Love the Lord" - Text: Isaac Watts, 1674-1748; Robert Lowry, 1826-1899, refrain)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 18.38b-19.16a-So he then handed Him over to them to be crucified.
2 Chronicles 29-In the first year of his reign, in the first month, he opened the doors of the house of the LORD and repaired them.
Psalm 85-Restore us, O God of our salvation...
Jonah 3.1-10-...and let men call on God earnestly that each may turn from his wicked way and from the violence which is in his hands. Who knows, God may turn and relent and withdraw His burning anger so that we will not perish. When God saw their deeds, that they turned from their wicked way, then God relented concerning the calamity which He had declared He would bring upon them. And He did not do it.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
It's true, you have sinned, you have crucified me in your own sin. But, I give you faith, and hope and the ability to change. Repent and I will change your heart and you will be My Love to all.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Wow! What a journey You have sent me into.
Up and down and all around, my life goes.
I run from You at times.
I run towards You at other times.
You always run to me.
You point out my sin.
I repent and ask You to change me.
I join with Your faithful.
I join hand in hand.
We approach Your throne of glory together.
We approach the foot of that cross.
We kneel down.
We slowly raise our gaze.
We see the glory and love of Jesus.
We see salvation.
I know of others that approach that cross too.
We, together, surround the throne.
We join as one in a sweet communion of love and grace.
Even though we have handed You over to be crucified.
Crucified on the cross we now gaze upon.
You forgive us and give us Life.
You permit us to enter Your Temple of Love and repair lives.
We repair lives and join together in Your Love.
We commune, we worship, we sing and praise Your glory.
Your anger withdraws and...
We are left in the Light of Your Love...
The Light of that cross...
Hand in hand and kneeling together...
We give You all praise and glory and see Your loving, risen, saving face.
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
We're marching to Zion, that beautiful city, to see You! ---Amen

No comments: