Sunday, September 23, 2007

September 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In heaven above, in heaven above, God has a joy prepared, which mortal ear has never heard, nor mortal vision shared, which never entered mortal thought, in mortal dreams was never sought, O God, the Lord of hosts! ("In Heaven Above"- Text:Laurentius L. Laurinus, 1573-1655; tr. William Maccall, 1812-1888)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 John 1-What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life---and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and manifested to us---what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so the you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
2 Chronicles 34-He did right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of his father David and did not turn aside to the right or to the left.
Psalm 89.19-37-His descendants shall endure forever and his throne as the sun before Me.
Luke 16.1-13-No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am beyond your understanding. I don't expect you to know all of this. Just keep your focus on Me and follow. Be My disciple.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
In heaven above I see You.
In heaven above I see Love.
In heaven above I see Life.
You came to me from heaven above.
You brought Love and Life.
You brought Light into darkness.
You brought Life into Death.
Your reign on earth and on heaven is eternal.
You established an everlasting Kingdom.
In heaven above you came down.
You became visible.
You allow me to touch You.
You allow me to taste You.
You allow me...
In heaven above it's all beyond my understanding.
A Love came down beyond my reason.
My love for You becomes everlasting.
My love for You rising up to heaven above.
In heaven above, You came down.
On earth below, I send my love above.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
You are way beyond my understanding. You are way beyond anything I can fathom. You are way beyond. Your Love is so powerful. Your Love is amazing. I praise You and give You all glory. Hear my praises. See my joy. You are God! You are Love! You are Life! Hear my praises. ---Amen

No comments: