Monday, September 17, 2007

September 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus lead on, till our rest be won; heavenly leader still direct us, still support, console, protect us, till we safely stand in the promised land. ("Jesus, Still Lead On" - Text:Nicolaus L. von Zinzendorf, 1700-1760; tr. Jane L. Borthwick, 1813-1897, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 18.19-38a-Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
2 Chronicles 27-28-So Jothan became mighty because he ordered his ways before the LORD.
Psalm 84-For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD give grace and glory; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Amos 7.1-6-Thus the Lord GOD showed me...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am certainly King. I rule over all. I am mighty, good and upright. I will lead you and direct you. I am certainly King.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, You are my King.
You are me Lord and Savior.
I am Your servant.
You rule with a mighty, powerful and loving hand.
You show me how to be Your servant.
You show me how to love as You love.
You show me how to be a disciple for You in Your Kingdom.
You will console and protect me till the day we stand in the Promised Land.
Jesus, You are my King.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, my King. I look to You. I focus on You. I depend on You. I love You.---Amen

No comments: