Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Guide me ever great Redeemer, pilgrim through this barren land. I am weak, but you are mighty; hold me with your powerful hand. Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, feed me now and evermore, feed me now and evermore. ("Guide Me Ever, Great Redeemer" - Text:William, Williams, 1717-1791)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 14.1-14-He who has seen Me has seen the Father...
2 Chronicles 20.1-21.1-Then on the fourth day they assembled in the valley of Beracah, for there they blessed the LORD.
Psalm 78.56-71-So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them with his skillful hands.
1 Timothy 4.6-16-Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I feed you with My Word made flesh. I feed you with the Bread of Life. Listen to My word and receive blessing. In My Word you see Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You feed me Your heavenly food. The Manna of Life, the Bread of Heaven.
You feed me Jesus, my Lord and Savior.
I read Your Word. I hear Your Voice. I love Your sermon.
I hear You, Jesus, and I hear the Father. I receive the Spirit into my heart.
I gather with the faithful and revel in Your resurrection from the dead.
I am blessed with Life in You.
Even in the valley we gather together and praise You.
You take us to the mountain tops. You gather us in the Valley of Beracah.
We are truly blessed and praise Your name.
Shepherd me with integrity and guide me with Your skillful hands.
I respond in joy and love to You alone.
You are my God! You are my Savior!
Thanks be to God, now and forever!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I rejoice and praise You now and forever! ---Amen

No comments: