Sunday, September 30, 2007

September 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Holy God, holy and living one, life that never ends, you show your love by dying, dying for your friends, and we behold you living. ("Holy God, Holy and Glorious" - Text:Susan R. Briehl, b. 1952)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Jude-But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.
Ezra 9-10-But now for a brief moment grace has been shown for the LORD our God, to leave us an escaped remnant and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and grant us a little reviving in our bondage.
Psalm 95-O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD, let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God and a great King above all gods, in whose hand are the depths of the earth, the peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who make it, and His hands formed the dry land.
Luke 16.19-31-And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
My Love crossed that chasm for you, to give you forgiveness and life.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
There is such a difference between me and You O Lord.
The gap seems too much to cross.
The chasm is too wide for me.
But You have sent Jesus to cross this gap.
You sent Jesus into my world.
You sent Jesus in love and compassion to experience my life.
You sent Jesus for me.
My bridge to You is only through Jesus.
Through Jesus, You have granted me forgiveness and life.
Jesus died for me.
Jesus became my friend.

Hear my prayer dear Lord.
You build my faith and equip me.
Send Your Spirit, I pray.
Lead and guide me in this life till that day I cross over through Jesus Love.
Enlighten my eyes and show me what to do.
I rejoice and sing praises to You.
You are the creator of all.
You are the Divine One who crossed the chasm.
Crossed over to be one with me and make me one with You.
From the seas, to the mountains, to the valleys, You travel with me.
You travel with me and walk me home across the bridge to You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I thank You Lord for sending Jesus. For sending Him to walk with me in this life and the next. I thank You Lord for sending Your Spirit, to lead and guide me along the way. Hear my praise of glory and honor to You this day. ---Amen

No comments: