Friday, September 14, 2007

September 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Here on earth, then, let your hearts rise from longings vain and hollow. Seek what Christ your Lord imparts while you in his footsteps follow. As you now still wait to rise, set your hearts beyond the skies! ("Jesus Lives, My Sure Defense" - Text: Otto von Schwerin, 1616-1679; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 16.4b-33-But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
2 Chronicles 24-So the workmen labored, and the repair work progressed in their hands, and they restored the house of God according to its specifications and strengthened it.
Psalm 81-You called in trouble and I reassure you; I answered you in the hiding place of thunder...
John 3.13-17-For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
My Spirit is with You. I will come again. Now work in My Church, for I love My Church. Work in eternal life to Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I await Your return.
I revel in Your Spirit till that day.
I look to the skies for Your presence.
I wait in anticipation.
You have given me Love.
You have given me Your Love.
You have given me Your Spirit.

The anticipation is wonderful.
This suspense is awesome.
You forgive; You gift; You call; You send.
I follow in Your footsteps.
I heed Your call.
I respond in joy.
I await Your return.

You gave Your Life for all.
We work in Your Church.
We labor in the field.
We return life for Life.
All is a gift from You.
All is to Your glory.
The anticipation is wonderful.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
We wait in joy. We work in joy. We are fed Your joy. We wait in joy. ---Amen

No comments: