Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Till then I would thy love proclaim with every fleeting breath; and may the music of thy name refresh my soul in death! ("How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds" - Text:John Newton, 1725-1807, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 15.1-16.4a-My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love... This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends... This I command you, that you love one another.
2 Chronicles 23-So all the people of the land rejoiced and the city was quiet.
Psalm 80-O God, restore us and cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved.
Psalm 51.1-10-Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I love you. I restore you. I forgive you. Now, go and love each other. Let My Light shining on your face glow brightly in love to all you meet today. Go, with a clean heart, and love each other.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You show Your love to me so wonderfully.
You gave Your life for me in Jesus.
You shine the Light of Jesus on me and warm my face.
You forgive my sin.
You bless me beyond measure.
You command me to Love.
You demonstrate Love.
You are Love!
I go forth, face warmed in Love, to love others.
I go out heart cleansed, to love others.
I go! I Love others.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You are Love. You bring peace. I am in turmoil. I seek forgiveness and Your peace. I ask you to forgive me and restore my soul. I respond to Your Love. I respond to Your Command. I go loving You. I go loving others. ---Amen

No comments: