Monday, September 24, 2007

September 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Finish then thy new creation, pure and spotless let us be; let us see thy great salvation perfectly restored in thee! Changed from glory into glory, till in heaven we take our place, till we cast our crowns before thee, lost in wonder, love, and praise! ("Love Divine, All Loves Excelling" - Text:Charles Wesley, 1707-1788)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 John 2-This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.
2 Chronicles 35-So the service was prepared, and the priests stood at their stations and the Levites by their divisions according to the king's command.
Psalm 89.38-52-Blessed be the LORD forever! Amen and Amen.
Proverbs 14.12-31-...but he who is gracious to the needy honors Him.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will finish my creation and make it new. You too!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
A new creation here and now.
Let me be a part of this new creation.
Make me new in this creation.
Let me help to create something new.
Use me in Your Kingdom, Lord, to create with You.
Use me to prepare the service of Glory to You.
Use me to honor the poor.
Allow me to feed the hungry and care for the sick.
Allow my hands to do Your work.
Blessing and honor to You, my God, forever and ever!
Amen and Amen!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
You are wonderful Lord. I messed up Your creation. I sin. Forgive me and use me to work in Your new creation. Use me, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: