Saturday, September 29, 2007

September 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Christ, you left eternity to plunge in time's swift stream, to share the shortness of our span, our mortal lives redeem. You filled your cross-closed years with love; you loved us to the end and touch us with your risen life that ours may time transcend. ("How Small Our Span of Life" - Text: Herman G. Stuempfle Jr., b. 1923)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
3 John-Peace be to you. The friends greet you. Greet the friends by name.
Ezra 7-8-So we fasted and sought our God concerning this matter, and He listened to our entreaty.
Psalm 94-The LORD know the thoughts of man, that they are a mere breath.
Revelation 12.7-12-And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I know of the evil in your world. I come to you and save you. Come to you out of eternity and into time. Now, what do you think about that?
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Whew! You sure throw out some deep thinking!
But, I suppose so, You are God after all!
You come to me, in my time, out of eternity.
You come to me in flesh and blood.
You come to me in bread and wine.
You enter into my sinful, evil world.
You come to me in Love.
You bring peace.
You bring friendship, guidance, advice, compassion, understanding and salvation.
You choose to save me from myself, my sinful actions, sin and the devil.
You choose to love me.
You know my thoughts.
You understand that my life is like a mere breath.
Yet you still choose to come out of eternity to spend time with me.
You choose to come into my life where evil exists.
You choose to spend time with me where pain, illness, sin and death exist.
You choose to come to me and leave a promise.
You promise to save me.
You love me.
I love You!
Whew! You sure throw out some deep thinking!
You come with a wonderful deep Love!
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Wow! What a Love You give! ---Amen

No comments: