Sunday, September 16, 2007

September 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Nothing in my hand I bring; simply to thy cross I cling. Naked, come to thee for dress; helpless, look to thee for grace; foul, I to the fountain fly; wash me, Savior, or I die. ("Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me" - Text:Augustus M. Toplady, 1740-1778)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 18.1-18-Then the slave-girl who kept the door said to Peter, "You are not also one of this man's disciples, are you?" He said, "I am not."
2 Chronicles 26-He continued to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding through the vision of God; and as long as he sought the LORD, God prospered him.
Psalm 83-They make shrewd plans against Your people, and conspire together against Your treasured ones.
Luke 15.1-10-I tell you than in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I know of your sin. Repent and turn to me. Cling to My cross of salvation. Cast your sight and set your vision on Me. I give you love, grace, forgiveness and salvation.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I have and am nothing without You.
To Your cross I cling.
I am naked and exposed.
I am sinful in the sight of all.
You are my vision.
You are my salvation.

Forgive me when I deny You.
Forgive me when I am hurtful.
Forgive me when I conspire against You.
Forgive me when I plot and plan against Your people.
You are my vision.
You are my salvation.

Fill me with Your Spirit.
Fill me with Your Love.
I seek You as my treasure.
I find You are Love.
You are my vision.
You are my salvation.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
You are wonderful Lord. You are my King and Savior. You created the universe with awesome detail. You are my vision and salvation. To You I give all praise and glory. Forgive my sin. Forgive me when I hate. Forgive me when I lack compassion. Forgive me, Lord. Show me Your presence and let me discover Your grace. Let me revel and freely give to others Your compassion, love and grace. ---Amen

No comments: