Wednesday, September 05, 2007

September 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Healer of our every ill, light of each tomorrow, give us peace beyond our fear, and hope beyond our sorrow. You who know each thought and feeling, teach us all your way of healing; Spirit of compassion, fill each heart. ("Healer of Our Every Ill"-Text:Marty Haugen, b. 1950)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 11.1-27-She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world."
2 Chronicles 10-11-Those from all the tribes of Israel who set their hearts on seeking the LORD God of Israel followed them to Jerusalem, to sacrifice to the LORD God of their fathers.
Psalm 75-We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks, for Your name is near; men declare Your wondrous works.
Isaiah 57.14-21-I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and to his mourners, creating the praise of the lips.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I know your heart, yet still love you. Seek Me and you will find me closer than you may think.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You know my heart, Lord.
You know my every intention. You know my evil and my good.
Guide me today to You.
As I seek You, show Yourself to me.
Bury Your Love deep within my heart.
Bury Your Compassion so that I may be compassionate.
I believe and know You are the Christ, the Son of God, my Savior.
I believe and know You have conquered sin and death.
I believe and know You are Life.
Send Your healing and restore comfort.
Send me into Your Kingdom as I praise Your glory.
You know my heart, Lord.
Touch it. I pray
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I yearn for Your compassion and Love. I yearn for You. Be with me this day. Forgive my sin, comfort my fears and use me in Your Kingdom. Send me with love and compassion for those You give to me today. ---Amen

No comments: