Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O happy harbor of the saints, O sweet and pleasant soil! In thee no sorrow may be found, no grief, no care, no toil. ("Jerusalem, My Happy Home"- Text:F.B.P., 16th cent.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 20.19-31-So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit."
2 Chronicles 32-But King Hezekiah and Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, prayed about this and cried out to heaven.
Psalm 88-Will Your wonders be made known in the darkness?
Matthew 9.9-13-...and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he got up and followed Him.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Follow Me!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I hear Your Word.
Follow Me!
I go.

I taste and smell Your Word.
I see You pray in that dark garden.
I pray.

I see the empty tomb.
No longer dark but bursting with Light.
I run to tell.

I touch Your Spirit.
You breathe Life into me.
I go.

I hear Your Word.
Follow Me!
I go.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I hear Your call. You breathe Your Spirit of Life. I go into Your Kingdom and do Your will. ---Amen

No comments: