Saturday, September 08, 2007

September 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Help us to put aside the angry word, the clenching fist, the wish and will to hurt. Teach us the way in which love best is served. Lord, have mercy, Christ, have mercy, Lord, grant us peace. ("In All Our Grief"- Text: Sylvia G. Dunstan, 1955-1993)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 12.27-50-I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.
2 Chronicles 16-17-They taught in Judah, having the book of the law of the LORD with them; and they went throughout all the cities of Judah and taught among the people.
Psalm 78.1-20-...but to tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and His strength and His wondrous works that He has done.
Philemon 1-21-If then you regard me a partner, accept him as you would me.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I see and know of your sin. I see and know of your evil words and uncaring heart. Turn to me and change. I will forgive.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Oh Lord, I can explode in anger at any moment.
I can turn so sinful in a second.
Slow me down. Stop me. Turn me around.
I come to You in repentance for deeds I have wrongly done.
I come to You sad about how I have acted.
I seek Your forgiveness. I need Your grace. I need to be filled with Your Love.

Teach me how to serve Love.
Teach me how to be Love to my neighbor.
Grant me the peace to change and move forward.
Lead me with the Light that lightens the darkness of my sin.
Change me to be what You desire.
Permit me to serve You once again.

Teach me Your Law and Grace.
Use me to spread Your Word.
Allow me to serve Your Love to others.
Grace me with opportunity to serve in Your Kingdom.
I sing Your praise from generation to generation.
Hear my song of Love and Praise to You my God!

Forgive my sin and accept me as a partner.
Accept me as Your Servant free from bondage.
Accept me as Your Worker, a free servant to You.
Use me to do Your will.
Use me to Love You.
Use me; Love me; Send me.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Dear God, forgive my sinfulness. You know all about it. I confess to You this day. Teach me, fill me with Your Spirit, fill me with Your Love till it spills over to all those I meet this day. ---Amen

No comments: