Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In the just reward of labor, God's will is done. In the help we give our neighbor, God's will is done. In our worldwide task of caring for the hungry and despairing, in the harvests we are sharing, God's will is done. ("For the Fruit of All Creation" - Text: Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Titus 3-Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.
Jeremiah 17-18-For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit.
Psalm 127-Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward.
Luke 20.27-38-The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection form the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Feed from My Life giving Water. You will be nourished and bear fruit in doing My will. Now go and do My Will. Bear the fruit I have created you to bear.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I am in joy to do Your Will.
I look forward to the opportunity to bear the fruit You created me to bear.
Place before me the needs You will me to meet.
I will return what You have given me, in service to Your Will and Way.

You nourish me with Life giving Water.
My soul and very being are restored day after day.
With a thankful, joyful heart I give You all the glory.
I will return what You have given me, in service to Your Will and Way.

You have blessed me with life and love and happiness.
You have taught me in times of sorrow and pain.
You have gifted me with wonderful children, gifts from You.
I will return what You have given me, in service to Your Will and Way.

I unite with Your Church in purpose and worship.
I respond to Your call to follow and serve.
In joy You unite me with all Your people.
I will return what You have given me, in service to Your Will and Way.

You are my Savior, my God, my King, my Lord.
I praise Your Name now and forever.
You are Life and Love and Power and Glory.
I will return what You have given me, in service to Your Will and Way.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, may Your Will be done through me this day. I joyfully serve You day by day. ---Amen

No comments: