Friday, November 23, 2007

November 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
We lift our voices, we lift our hands, we lift our lives up to you: we are an offering. Lord, use our voices, Lord, use our hands, Lord, use our lives, they are yours: we are an offering. All that we have, all that we are, all that we hope to be, we give to you, we give to you. We lift our voices, we lift our hands, we lift our lives up to you: we are an offering, we are an offering. ("We Are an Offering" - Text:Dwight Liles, b. 1957)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Peter 1-So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.
Jeremiah 41-42-"Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you are now fearing; do not be afraid of him," declares the LORD, "For I am with you to save you and deliver you from his hand. I will also show you compassion, so that he will have compassion on you and restore you to your own soil."
Psalm 139-Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
1 Peter 1.3-9-Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the death, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Hear My Word. See the Light in the darkness. Offer your very self to Me. I show compassion and Love. Hear My Word and see My Light.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I open Your Word and read.
I listen for Your Voice and hear.
I look to Your Light and see.
You send Your Spirit to help me understand.
You teach and guide me day by day.

You reveal Life, Love and salvation.
You forgive sin and guide me in Your path.
I fail and yet You pick me up and place me on my feet again.
I go out again responding in joy to all You do.
I lift my hands, I lift my voice and I offer praise and thanksgiving.

You gave Yourself as an offering to me.
I can't fathom the depth of Your act of Love.
I offer myself to You out of love.
I joyfully ask for You to use me each day.
All that I have is Yours.

You graciously use me from where I am.
You lovingly call me out to action for you.
I run to respond to You out of love.
I run to play with You out of joy.
I run with You in Your Kingdom, happy and joyful and loved and loving!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Wow! What a life You have given. How could I ever respond? You gave me Your Life in Jesus. I give you my life. I give it back to You. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: