Friday, November 02, 2007

November 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Build us up, Lord build us up; set in us a strong foundation. Lead us to do your holy will; form and shape your new creation. Build us up, Lord, build us up; as we guide and teach each other, help us to share your love with the world: every sister, every brother. Growing in Christ, we plant seeds for the kingdom; we follow in faith what's begun! Lord, set in our hearts the power of your word to spread the news of your Son! ("Build Us Up, Lord" - Text: Mark Glaeser, b. 1956, and Donna Hanna, b. 1952)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Timothy 4-For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.
Isaiah 38-39-"I have heard you prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add fifteen years to your life."...O restore me to health and let me live! Lo, for my own welfare I had great bitterness; it is You who has kept my soul form the pit of nothingness, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back.
Psalm 119.121-144-Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes.
2 Peter 1.1-11-Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You need Me. I will build You up and restore You. I have a calling for You to fulfill.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I'm down and out and lost to the world.
I descend to nothingness.
All is a fog and all is gone from where I stand.
I cry to You in pain and suffering.
I seek Your healing touch.

You come to me in the darkness and give light.
You come to me in the middle of the night with a loving touch.
You come to me in the morning and bring a new day.
You come and feel the pain and see the tears.
You come.

You rebuild the broken.
You love the lost.
You restore in Your way.
You guide me to new Life.
You let Your face warm me to Life.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
When I'm lost, I turn to You Lord. I reach out for Your hand. I grab for You. Yet You always come to me. You pick me up. You make me whole. You walk through the pain and tears by my side. You are my God! You are my Savior! You are my Love! ---Amen

No comments: