Thursday, November 22, 2007

November 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Accept, O Lord, the gifts we bring to place upon your table. We do not worship as we ought but only as we're able. ("Accept, O Lord, the Gifts We Bring" - Text:Beth Bergeron Folkemer, b. 1957)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Peter 5-Greet one another with a kiss of love.
Jeremiah 39-40-Then Jeremiah went to Mizpah to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam and stayed with him among the people who were left in the land.
Psalm 138-Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.
Hebrews 9.23-28-For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own. Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have sacrificed Myself for your sin. Sacrificed the Lamb of God in Jesus, once and for all time. I left behind My Spirit to lead and guide you. I will come again and rescue all those waiting in faith for Me. Knowing this; I want you to love me and to love one another. I have given you much more than you could ever expect. Rejoice and love each other in Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
What a joy it is to be left behind.
What a wonderful joyful life you have blessed me with.
Left behind with Your people.
Left behind in service to Your Love.
Left behind to work Your Plan.
Left behind to give others Your kiss of Love.
What a joy it is to be left behind.

In joy Jeremiah chose to be left behind.
Left behind with the poor and needy.
Left behind with the weak and struggling.
Left behind with Your people.
Left behind to prepare for Your return.
Left behind to serve You.
In joy Jeremiah chose to be left behind.

What a joy it is to be left behind.
Though I walk through trouble; You will revive me.
In struggle with pain, sin, death and the devil; You stretch forth Your hand and save me.
Left behind, I am in awe of how You came down to save.
Left behind, I witness Your awesome Love and sacrifice.
In thanksgiving, I receive much more than I could imagine.
For You have blessed me with Your Spirit; that You left behind.

What a joy it is to be left behind.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
In thankfulness I am joyous that You have left me behind. In thankfulness I am joyous of Your Spirit that You have left behind. In thankfulness, I am joyous to serve You day by day. In thankfulness, I am joyous that You bless me beyond what I ever thought I needed. In thankfulness, I am joyous for You, my Lord and Savior. ---Amen

No comments: