Tuesday, November 06, 2007

November 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus calls us in, sends us out bearing fruit in a world of doubt, gives us love to tell, bread to share: God (Immanuel) everywhere! Jesus lives again, earth can breathe again, pass the Word around: loaves abound! ("Let Us Talents and Tongues Employ" - Text: Fred Kaan, b. 1929)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Timothy 2-The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
Jeremiah 7-8-Why are we sitting still?
Psalm 122-I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."
Zechariah 7:1-14-But they refused to pay attention and turned a stubborn shoulder and stopped their ears from hearing.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Don't be so stubborn. Listen to Me! Take what I give and give it away to those I send to you. Why are you sitting still?
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes I get so stubborn.
I focus on myself. Focus on my pain. Focus inward.
Then You come to me and show me Your blessing.
You bring gifts and blessings, talents and abilities.
And I think they are for my own good!
Why am I so stubborn?

You call me in and feed me bread and wine.
You give me Your own body and blood.
Then You send me out.
I'm so stubborn.
You gave away Life.
I tend to want to keep that Life to myself for my own good.

I'm so stubborn!
Now, I see! I'm a slow learner.
You give Life for me to give Life!
You call me in and send me out!
Let us go to the house of the Lord.
Let us receive God's blessing of Life!

Let us go out with this blessing and give it away!
Let all of us do this and see how disciples will build.
Let us receive Life and give Life!
Not stubborn anymore, but joyful and blessed!
Call us in and send us out, now and forever.
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Forgive my stubborn, selfish heart Lord. I will give away, with joy, the Life You gave to me. Call me in and send me out, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: