Monday, November 19, 2007

November 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Grant that knowledge, still increasing, at your feet may lowly kneel; with your grace our triumphs hallow, with your charity our zeal; lift the nations from the shadows to the gladness of the sun: Father, as in highest heaven, so on earth your will be done. ("Lord of Light" - Text: Howell E. Lewis, 1860-1953, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Peter 2-Keep your behaviour excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.
Jeremiah 33-34-Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
Psalm 135-Praise the LORD! Praise the name of the LORD; praise Him, O servants of the LORD, you who stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God!
Ezekiel 11.14-25-And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Come to the foot of My cross and gain knowledge, see Love, observe salvation. Accept My heart of flesh and replace your heart of stone. In this I send you to do My will in this world I have placed you in.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, we gather at Your feet and You give us knowledge.
You suffer and die for our transgressions.
You impart knowledge and love beyond what we could ever accomplish alone.
We humbly fall in sin before the throne of Your cross.
Forgive us we plea!
Then You die and give Your life for this forgiveness.
You replace our heart of stone with Your heart of living Flesh and Blood.
You grant us the Bread and Wine of Your very Life.
You fill us with Your Spirit and give us new life in You.
You free us from sin and death and call us to do Your will.
In joy we obey. In joy we go. In joy we praise Your name!
Lord, we gather at Your feet and You give us knowledge.
We respond with eternal joy, may Your will be done!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
At Your feet, I have joy. Thank You Jesus! ---Amen

No comments: