Monday, November 05, 2007

November 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
God, whose almighty word chaos and darkness heard and took their flight: hear us, we humbly pray, and where the gospel day sheds not its glorious ray, let there be light. ("God, Whose Almighty Word"- Text:John Marriott, 1780-1825, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Timothy 1-For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.
Jeremiah 5-6-Thus says the LORD, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and you will find rest for your souls."
Psalm 121-My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
Nehemiah 13:1-3, 23-31-Remember me, O my God, for good.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have brought Light into your dark world and given you all you need. Now boldly go, proclaiming My saving Glory to all.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You broke the darkness of my world of sin and gave Light.
You gave Light in Your Son, Jesus, to me.
A Light so bright, I constantly stare at it and am amazed at Your Glory.
A Light that brings warmth to my face.
My help comes from the Light that made heaven and earth.
My help comes from the Light that broke darkness and chaos.
Your Light guides me and illumines the path I am to take.
I now go in joy to point to that Light in all Your Kingdom.
You broke the darkness of my world and gave Light.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Let there be Light, Lord! Yes Light that only You can give. Light my way. Light my path. Light my life this day. I love the Light! You show me my sin with Your Light! I fall in humble repentance, knowing that I need Your Light. Knowing that the only life I can have is due to Your Light. Let there be Light, Lord! Light that forgives; Light that leads; Light that illumines the darkness. Let there be Light! ---Amen

No comments: