Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Through grace your new creation lies in hands held open. O Giver of all goodness, come, dwell with us in our earthly home. ("We Raise Our Hands to You, O Lord" - Text: Svein Ellingsen, b. 1929; tr. Hedwig T. Durnbaugh, b. 1929)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Peter 4-Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.
Jeremiah 37-38-Then they took Jeremiah and cast him into the cistern of Malchijah the king's son, which was in the court of the guardhouse; and they let Jeremiah down with ropes. Now in the cistern there was no water but only mud, and Jeremiah sank into the mud.
Psalm 137-How can we sing the LORD'S song in a foreign land?
Matthew 23.37-24.14-But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Endure to the end. Even if you are in the mud, endure. Keep fervent in love for one another.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, sometimes life leaves me in the mud.
Life leaves me separated and alone and in the mud.
Sometimes it all looks so bleak and hopeless.
But then I hear You speaking.
I hear the Word of encouragement.
I see You hanging from that cross.
I feel compassion in Your Love when Your Life was bleak.
I see Your Love while You suffered and died.
I know of Your Grace in action from that cross.
I have faith in the Hope You give in salvation.
While in the mud, I joyously wait with You.
While in the mud, I learn to love others.
While in the mud, I endure and live.
While in the mud of this foreign land I sing praises to You.
While in the mud, I trust in You.
In the mud I endure and know Your salvation.
Thanks be to God for life in the mud!
Thanks be to God for Jesus!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes when I'm in the mud of life I think I'm separated from You. Then I know of Your presence beside me. I know of Your pain while You were in the mud, while You hung on that cross. I give thanks for You and suffering. I give thanks for all You do for me. I give You all thanks and glory...even in the mud. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: