Saturday, November 03, 2007

November 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Shine, Jesus, shine, fill this land with the Father's glory; blaze, Spirit blaze, set our hearts on fire. Flow, river, flow, flood the nations with grace and mercy; send forth your Word, Lord, and let there by light! Lord, the light of your love is shining, in the midst of the darkness, shining; Jesus, light of the world, shine upon us, set us free by the truth you now bring us. Shine on me, shine on me: Shine, Jesus, shine, fill this land with the Father's glory; blaze, Spirit, blaze, set our hearts on fire. Flow, river, flow, flood the nations with grace and mercy; send forth your Word, Lord, and let there be light! ("Shine, Jesus, Shine" - Text: Graham Kendrick, b. 1950)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Timothy 5.1-20-But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Jeremiah 1-2-...Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. and before you were born I consecrated you...
Psalm 119.145-176-Plead my cause and redeem me; revive me according to Your word.
Psalm 32.1-7-You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am your Light and salvation. Look to me. I will heal you and save you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I feel the warmth of Your Light shining on me.
I feel the healing You bring.
I come to You in fear, knowing my sin.
I come to You knowing I'm not what I should be.
You raise me up and restore me.
You remove fear and doubt.
You give confidence and healing.
You release me from the bondage of pain to work through and with the pain.
You call me and send me out.
You save and heal me.
Shine on me forever!
Shine, Jesus, shine!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you alone can walk through the valley with me. You alone can bring healing and life. You alone set me on my feet and send me out once again. I follow Your call. I seek Your Voice. I go in Your Name. Shine, Jesus, shine! Shine Your Love through me! ---Amen

No comments: