Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
To God our thanks we give, to God our thanks we give, to God our thanks we give, our thanks to God we give. ("To God Our Thanks We Give" - Text: Botswanan traditional, as taught by Daisy Nshakazongwe; tr. I-to Loh, b. 1936)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
James 1-Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
Jeremiah 21-22-Thus says the LORD, "Do justice and righteousness, and deliver the one who has been robbed form the power of his oppressor. Also do not mistreat or do violence to the stranger, the orphan, or the widow; and do not shed innocent blood in this place."
Psalm 129-The LORD is righteous; He has cut in two the cords of the wicked.
Job 21.1, 17-34-Behold, I know your thoughts, and the plans by which you would wrong me.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have come down to you. Give thanks and live. I know your thoughts and your sin. I can change all that. Repent and give thanks, I have come down to you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You come down to me day by day.
You come to me with Life.
You come down to me and point out my sin.
I humbly repent and ask forgiveness.
You come down and give Your Life for me.
You come down and save me in pain and death.
You come down and rise beyond the sin and pain to Life.
You come down and give Life.
You have taught me righteousness.
I go serving Your Way and love and care for others in Your creation.
I give back Life to Life for You.
In joy, I give thanks to You, Father of the Light.
Lord, You come down to me day by day.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You come down to me today. I give You all glory, thanks and praise. You are my Light. Forgive my sin and call and send me this day. I give thanks, Lord, that You come down. ---Amen

No comments: