Wednesday, November 07, 2007

November 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Make theirs with ours a single voice uplifted, ever to rejoice with wondering gratitude and praise to you, O Lord, for boundless grace. ("O Christ, Our Light, O Radiance True" - Text:Johann Heermann, 1585-1647; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Timothy 3-All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
Jeremiah 9-10-Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.
Psalm 123-To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens!
Luke 19.11-27-While they were listening to these things, Jesus went on to tell a parable...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I AM the Word. I AM Inspired. Listen to My Word and be equipped. Lift your eyes to the Word because I AM.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You have called us to join together as Your Church.
You have called us to become One Voice.
Unite all together with You.
Unite us in Your Word.
As the Word is inspired; so inspire us.
Send Your Spirit to be through our very beings.
Send Your Spirit through each life and through Your Church.
Let us not boast in ourselves but only in You.
Teach us to know Your Word.
May we exercise righteousness, lovingkindness, and justice in our lives.
We lift our eyes to You.
We listen to Your parables of Life.
Lord, You have called us to join together as Your Church.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I lift my eyes to You. I turn my ear to Your Voice. I hear and see Your Word. Your Word made flesh. Your Word within me. Your Word all around me. Teach me. Guide me. Call me. Send me. ---Amen

No comments: