Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Even so, Lord, quickly come to thy final harvest home. Gather then thy people in, free from sorrow, free from sin, there, forever purified, in thy garner to abide. Come, with all thine angels, come, raise the glorious harvest home! ("Come, Ye Thankful People, Come" - Text Henry Alford, 1810-1871, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Peter 2-But false prophets arose among the people...
Jeremiah 43-44-As for the message that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we are not going to listen to you!
Psalm 140-Rescue me, O LORD, from evil men; preserve me from violent men who devise evil things in their hearts; they continually stir up wars.
Psalm 46-God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Quit listening to the wrong people! Listen to Me! I am your refuge and strength, I am your help in trouble.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I confess, how easily I fall into the trap of listening to false prophets.
I listen to those who say Your Word but their actions are opposed to Your Word.
I fall into the trap and follow the wrong person.
Forgive my shortsightedness and rescue me!

When I listen to You, I see evidence of Your harvest.
You produce fruit in people that displays love, compassion.
You produce fruit that displays, peace and harmony.
Lead me to Your Word and Your Way.

I know Your Word in Your Truthfulness.
Sometimes I must hear what I don't want to hear.
Make my plans Your plans.
Make my ways conform to Your Way.

In joy, I follow Your Voice.
In joy, I follow Your Light.
In joy, I follow Your Son.
In joy, I follow You!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, forgive me for going astray to bad advice. Forgive me for not trusting You. Forgive me, Lord. Let me hear Your Voice. Let me see Your Light. Let me see Your Face and follow only You. The One! ---Amen

No comments: