Sunday, November 04, 2007

November 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Cast aside all fear and hiding; hand in hand we dance the round. God is with us, Christ, abiding, and the Spirit's gifts abound. Called by God to holiness, let us boldly serve and bless; and to hearts that sigh and hunger may our lives dance signs and wonders. ("Signs and Wonders" - Text:Susan Palo Cherwien, b. 1953)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day
1 Timothy 5.21-6.21-...pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness.
Jeremiah 3-4-Wash your heart from evil, O Jerusalem, that you may be saved.
Psalm 120-In my trouble I cried to the LORD, and He answered me.
Luke 19.1-10-Zaccheus, hurry and come down, for today I must stay at your house.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You heard Me right. I'm coming to your house. I will show you the way. Hurry up, I'm on My way.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I'm in a hurry, Lord.
You have told me that You are coming to my place.
You come to my place and lead me and guide me.
You are always welcome here.
But I guess You already know that.
You have decided to come anyway.
Even if I'm not ready for You, You are ready for me.
For this I give You thanks and praise.
For with You, I have no fears.
You show me how to act.
You show me how to love.
You show me how to serve.
Then You give me all the gifts I need to serve in Your Kingdom.
I'm so glad You're coming today.
I'm so ready to greet You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I love it when You come to my house. Come on into my heart and feel at ease. You are my Lord and Savior. You are my God! ---Amen

No comments: