Friday, November 09, 2007

November 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
This little light of mine, I'm goin'a let it shine; this little light of mine, I'm goin'a let it shine; this little light of mine, I'm goin'a let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. ("This Little Light of Mine" - Text: African American spiritual)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Titus 1-To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
Jeremiah 13-14-Lift up your eyes and see...
Psalm 125-As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.
Acts 24.10-23-Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings: in which they found me occupied in the temple, having been purified, without any crowd or uproar.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Come to Me with offerings and praise. Let My Light shine in and through you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I come in Your presence with offerings and praise.
I come to You and worship You.
I come to You and receive the Light.
Let Your Light shine in and through me.
Everywhere I go, let Your Light guide me.
Let Your Light shine grace and peace to all I meet.
Let Your Light surround me and engulf me in Your Love.
Let Your Light warm me and those I encounter this day.
I lift my eyes to You and Your Light.
Lord, let Your Light shine today.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I pray for Your Light of Love to shine in and through me all day long. ---Amen

No comments: