Thursday, November 29, 2007

November 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
"How long, O God?" the psalmist cries, a cry we make our own. Though we are lost, alone, afraid, our God will lead us home. ("How Long, O God" - Text:Ralph F. Smith, 1950-1994)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Galatians 3.21-4.20-And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Lamentations 1-2-The LORD has done what He purposed; He has accomplished His word which He commanded from days of old.
Psalm 145-The LORD is gracious and merciful; slow to anger and great in lovingkindness.
James 4.1-10-Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you, I will lead and guide you, for you are My child. I love you!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I cry out to be near You.
I come to You a needy man.
I come to You and seek You out.
I find that You found me.
I find that You were always near.
I find that You came down to save me.
I find Your Love up close and "in my face."
I find You.
I find out that You found me and rescued me from sin, death and the devil.
I find out that You have declared me to be Your child.
I find Your graciousness, kindness, patience and Love.
But most of all; I find that You came to find me.
I see Your Love.
I see Your Care.
I see Jesus.
I see how; while I was lost, You found me.
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I'm lost in this sea of selfishness and sin. I'm lost in death. I seek Your face. I seek You. Find me and save me this day. All my hope and faith is in You. ---Amen

No comments: