Sunday, November 25, 2007

November 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Sing to the Lord of harvest your songs of love and praise; with joyful hearts and voices and your alleluias raise; by him the rolling seasons in fruitful order move; sing to the Lord of harvest a joyous song of love. ("Sing to the Lord of Harvest"- Text John S. B. Monsell, 1811-1875, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Peter 3-But according to His promise we are looking for a new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Jeremiah 45-46-But you, are you seeking great things for yourself? Do not seek them...
Psalm 141-May my prayer be counted as incense before You; the lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.
Luke 23.33-43-And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
My Kingdom will come. My Will will be done. I will make all things new.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes I think about that great harvest about to come.
Sometimes I ponder what it will be like.
Sometimes I feel like I'm hanging on that cross next to You.
Sometimes I wonder why you don't just abandon me.
Sometimes I want to say so badly, forgive me for my sin.
Sometimes I'm too proud to admit my sin.
Sometimes I do seek forgiveness.
Sometimes I want to be a part of Your Kingdom.
Sometimes I want to live in my own kingdom.
Sometimes I think about that great harvest about to come.

Always You love me.
Always You give me life.
Always You seek to forgive me.
Always You gift me and call me out.
Always You are with me in my pain.
Always You are by my side in the turmoil.
Always You give Your life for me.
Always You are my King, my Savior, my Lord.
Always You involve me in Your Kingdom.
Always You love me.

Forever I praise Your name.
Forever You remain all powerful.
Forever I give You glory.
Forever You are Love.
Forever I give my life to You.
Forever You gave Life to me.
Forever I joyfully live Your plan.
Forever You call me and send me out.
Forever I owe You my all.
Forever You will be praised.

Sometimes I think about that great harvest to come.
Always You love me.
Forever I praise Your name.
--- --- ---

Sometimes, Always and Forever. Lord, above all time, You entered into my time and space. You came as flesh and blood to know how it is with me. I seek Your forgiveness. I hear Your call. I go into Your Kingdom joyous and blessed with gifts to do Your Will. Be with me this day. Care for all the poor and needy. Serve the sick and those in pain. Comfort the grieving. Use me to do Your Will this day. Sometimes, Always and Forever. ---Amen

No comments: