Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus calls us! By your mercy, Savior, may we hear your call, give our hearts to your obedience, serve and love you best of all. ("Jesus Calls Us; o'er the Tumult" - Text: Cecil Frances Alexander, 1818-1895)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Galatians 2-For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.
Jeremiah 49-50-Their Redeemer is strong, the LORD of hosts is His name; He will vigorously plead their case so that He may bring rest to the earth...
Psalm 143-Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Isaiah 33.17-22-For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us---
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I AM your King. I AM strong and powerful. I AM Spirit that leads you on level ground. Go and serve Me in My Kingdom.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You are my King, Judge and Lawgiver.
You point out my sin.
You forgive me when I cry out to You.
You are strong and powerful.
You send Your Spirit to lead and guide me.
You call me out of darkness and into Your Light.
I go joyously to serve in Your Kingdom.
I go day after day.
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
My Lord, my King, my Savior. I hear Your call. Send now Your Spirit to lead and guide me. Lead and guide and teach so that I may follow into Your Kingdom, today and every day. ---Amen

No comments: