Saturday, April 12, 2008

April 12th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Peace within the church still dwells in our welcomes and farewells; and through God’s baptismal power peace surrounds our dying hour. Peace be with you, full and free, now and through eternity. ("Peace, to Soothe Our Bitter Woes" – Text: Nikolai F. S. Grundtvig, 1783-1872; tr. George T. Rygh, 1860-1943, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 3
-…and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
Deuteronomy 17-18-The first fruits of your grain, your wine, and your oil, as wells as the first of the fleece of your sheep, you shall give him.
Job 12-In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of every human being.
Psalm 23-The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.

God’s Word of the Day
I offer peace to you. Rejoice and leap and praise My name in the assembly and to all the universe. Today and forever!

Psalm of the Day
I run, I jump, I dance with You my Lord!
You have given me the fresh breath of life.
You have saved me from sin and death.
Your blessings are bountiful.
Your grace is all I ever need.
You are my Shepherd.
You alone will I follow.
I offer my first fruits.
I humbly offer my praise.
I run, I jump, I dance with You my Lord!
You have given me the fresh breath of Life.
Christ has risen! He has risen indeed! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I humbly praise Your name and give You thanks. I thank You for the joy and ability to run and jump and play with You in Your Kingdom day after day! ---Amen

No comments: