Thursday, April 24, 2008

April 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Rise from the grave now, O Lord, the author of life and creation. Treading the pathway of death, new life you give to us all: Hail thee, festival day! Blest day to be hallowed forever; day when our Lord was raised, breaking the kingdom of death. ("Hail Thee, Festival Day!" - Text: Venantius Honorius Fortunatus, 530-609; tr. Lutheran book of Worship)

Readings of the Day
Acts 10.1-33-What God has made clean, you must not call profane.
Joshua 7-8-Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Do not fear or be dismayed..."
Job 24-There are those who rebel against the light...
Acts 27.1-12-"Sirs, I can see that the voyage will be with danger and much heavy loss, not only of the cargo and the ship, but also of our lives."

God's Word of the Day
I AM on your voyage with you. It will be dangerous. You will lose your life. But through me and through the grave that I traveled; your loss of life with be a new life in Me. Take the voyage with me from death to Life in Me.

Psalm of the Day
You picked me up and raised me from my death in sin to new life in You.
You decided to use me even in my sin.
It's amazing to me how deep and wide Your love is.
So I rejoice in what was profane that You have made clean.
You cleansed the Gentile and called them chosen.
With You, I need not fear.
With You, I can act boldly and confidently.
With You, I will battle in the Kingdom to Your glory.
You give the blessing and power needed to live the life of love You call each of us into.
You permit us to walk into the Light rather than flee to the darkness of sin.
So I go this day; knowing that I go in You.
I go this day knowing that all my cargo and very life will be lost.
Lost to You but gained through You.
For through You, the author of Life and creator...
Through You I am lead through the pathway of death to new life.
Hail that Festival Day!
Day when our Lord was raised.
Breaking the kingdom of death!
Christ has risen!
He has risen me!
Alleluia! Christ has risen indeed!

Prayer of the Day
Lead me into the Kingdom today. Lead me in Love. Lead me in Your power and glory. Show me the way. Break the kingdom of death and break into the glory of Light for all to see. ---Amen

No comments: