Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ is risen! Henceforth never death or hell shall us enthrall. We are Christ's, in him forever we have triumphed over all. All the doubting and dejection of our trembling hearts have ceased; hail the day of resurrection! Let us rise and keep the feast. Christ is risen! Alleluia! Risen our victorious head! Sing his praises! Alleluia! Christ is risen from the dead! ("Christ Is Risen! Alleluia! - Text: John S. B. Monsell, 1811-1875, alt.)


Readings of the Day
Acts 4.1-22-There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved.
Deuteronomy 19-20-...for it is the LORD your God who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to give you victory.
Job 13-Make me know my transgression and my sin.
John 10.1-10-The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls how own sheep by name and leads them out.

God's Word of the Day
I AM risen! Keep the feast. I have brought you victory over death, hell and sin. I have brought you life. I have risen! Only through My name will you be saved.

Psalm of the Day
Yes Lord! You have risen!
Only through You do I have life.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
You point out to me the stench of my sin.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
You took on my sin and gave me life.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
Through no other name may I be saved but Yours.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
You fought against my enemies and won a victorious battle.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
You open the gate of my heart and I hear Your voice.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
You invite me out to be with You.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
I gladly leave and follow You.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
I follow and serve You now into eternity.
Yes Lord! You have risen!
Christ has risen!
He has risen indeed! Alleluia!
Yes Lord! You have risen!

Prayer of the Day
Yes Lord! You have risen! You have come to my door today. You have opened the gate to my heart and filled it with Your Love. My only response is to joyfully listen to Your voice and follow You into your Kingdom; today, tomorrow and forever into eternity. Yes Lord! You have risen! You have risen and rule my heart. Christ has risen! He has risen indeed! Alleluia! ---Amen




No comments: