Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Your name we bless, O risen Lord, and sing today with one accord, the life laid down, the life restored: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia! ("Good Christian Friends, Rejoice and Sing!" - Text: Cyril A. Alington, 1872-1955, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 5.17-42-...if this plan or this undertaking is of human origin, it will fail; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them...
Deuteronomy 25-27-So now I bring the first of the fruit of the ground that you, O LORD, have given me.
Job 16-...he that vouches for me is on high.
Matthew 20.17-28-But Jesus called them to him and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. It will not be so among you; but whoever wishes to be great among you must be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you must be your slave; just as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many."

God's Word of the Day
I gave My life that you may be restored. Offer the first fruits of the blessings I have provided to you and serve one another.

Psalm of the Day
You show how it is to be done.
You offer Your very best.
You give life to give Life.
Lord, You have restored life from death.
You gave the first fruits.
Teach me to give first fruits.
I come to You with what You have blessed me with.
I come to serve You and to serve those You give to me.
You have taught me.
You have restored me.
You have blessed me.
Your plan of action will not fail.
Your will is everlasting.
I join in singing today with all Your children.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
You gave Your very best. Accept my humble offering of what You have already provided. Send me to serve You and others today. ---Amen

No comments: