Saturday, April 05, 2008

April 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
When we are walking, doubtful and dreading, blinded by sadness, slowness of heart, yet Christ walks with us, ever awaiting our invitation: Stay, do not part. ("Day of Arising" - Text: Susan Palo Cherwien, b. 1953)


Readings of the Day
Matthew 26.47-75-At that moment the cock crowed. Then Peter remembered what Jesus had said: "Before the cock crows, you will deny me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly.
Deuteronomy 3-4-From there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find him if you search after him with all your heart and soul.
Job 5-"As for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause. He does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number."
Psalm 116. 1-4, 12-19-Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, I pray, save my life!"

God's Word of the Day
If you seek Me, you will find me. You will find me right there beside you.

Psalm of the Day
I stumble along through life.
Sometimes I even deny that I know You.
I walk along not even recognizing Your presence.
Forgive my thoughtlessness.
Save me Lord!

Then something always happens.
You serve the bread and the wine.
My eyes are opened.
I see Your presence.
I find You have been there with me all along.

I will search for You with all my heart and soul.
I will call on Your name.
I give You all the praise and honor and glory.
You are my Savior and Lord!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Open my eyes to Your presence. Forgive my selfishness. You are my God! You are my Savior! ---Amen

No comments: