Thursday, April 03, 2008

April 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Were Christ not arisen, then death were still our prison. Now, with him to life restored, we praise the Father of our Lord. Alleluia! ("Christ Is Arisen" - Text: German hymn, c. 1100; tr. Martin J. Seltz, 1909-1967)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 25.1-25-"Why do you trouble the woman? She has performed a good service for me. for you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me. By pouring this ointment on my body she has prepared me for burial. Truly I tell you, wherever the good news is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be told in remembrance of her."
Numbers 35-36-These are the commandments and the ordinances that the LORD commanded through Moses to the Israelites in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho.
Job 3-Why were there knees to receive me, or breasts for me to suck?
1 Peter 1.8b-12-It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in regard to the things that have now been announced to you through those who brought you good news by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things into which angels long to look!

God's Word of the Day
I have a plan and a purpose for your life. That is why you were born. Believe in Me. Trust Me and follow Me. Fulfill the plan and purpose.

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes I wonder what life is all about.
Why was I even born?
What are You doing with me in life?
I see how Jesus, came to this earth.
He had a plan and purpose.
Then I ponder what He did.
I know that Jesus, didn't go to all this trouble for nothing.
I know that He came to save me.
In saving me, I am free to fulfill God's plan and purpose.
But what is that.
I seek God to show me the plan.
I seek God to walk with me.
Then I find that He has been there all the time.
I find that His plan is being fulfilled in me and through me all along the way.
I find that God has a unique plan and purpose designed just for me.
Lord, You provide the guidance.
You provide the steps.
I must trust and believe and follow You.
At what point did all this begin to take shape?
I'm not sure --- but You know.
Does it really matter when You began Your work of recreation in me?
I don't think so, but I give You all thanks and glory.
For it's not about my work, but about Your work in me.
Use me now and always in Your plan.
For I will believe, trust, hope, and follow You.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I believe....I trust...I follow...Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: