Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Christ, create new hearts in us that beat in time with yours, that, joined by faith with your great heart, become love's open doors. We are your body, risen Christ; our hearts, our hands we yield that through our life and ministry your love may be revealed. ("O Christ, Your Heart, Compassionate" - Text: Herman G. Stuempfle Jr., b. 1923)

Readings of the Day
Acts 11.19-30-When he came and saw the grace of God, he rejoiced, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast devotion...
Joshua 13-14-...because he wholeheartedly followed the LORD, the God of Israel.
Job 27-I hold fast my righteousness, and will not let it go...
John 14.15-21-They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.

God's Word of the Day
I reveal Myself to you and in you. Be steadfast and righteous. Do not let go of Me. Keep My commandments of love. Love me and the Father loves you.

Psalm of the Day
Ol' Dad just got rode too hard.
It's time to put 'im down.
In my stubbornness, I turn from the Father.
I rebel and even do some mean things.
No doubt the Father is hurt by my actions.
I've cause some deep pain to the One who loves me most.
And then my stubborn attitude sets in.
I turn to others rather than appreciate my Father.
I turn away.
I curl inward into myself.
I fail to return to my Father and show appreciation for His Love.

How does the Father react to the pain I have caused?
He gives His very Life to me.
He dies for me to live.
He doesn't pout in the midst of the pain I caused.
He doesn't curl inward in self-pity.
He gives all to let me live.
He acts out of Love.
He opens up all of Himself and gives it all!
My Father reveals Love too deep for my understanding.
My Father reveals Compassion in the midst of His own pain.
My Father takes on all the pain and rejection I've induced and gives me Love.

Forgive me Father for how I act.
You teach me how to act with those I love, here and now.
You show me to open up and not curl in when pain is inflicted by someone I deeply love.
You tell me to be righteous and stand up for Love yet give my life through the pain and hurt.
Through Your action with Jesus, you show me how to love in the midst of pain.
It's a hard lesson to learn.
It's even a harder action to take.
Lead me and guide me into active Love from and through You.
Help me to be the man and father I need to be.
Open me up from this curled in position to be vulnerable and loving.
Open up my heart and let me feel the pain of rejection.

For now I see, through Your Love, that when opened up...
Your Love will flow out...
Flow out to the world...
Flow out to the ones You give...
Your Love flows out...
In my death to Your Life...
There is a Life in You.
Thanks be to God!
Open me up!
Open me up, today, tomorrow and forever!
Rise in me this day, Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Forgive me when I curl into my own pain. I give my life away. Open me up and fill me with Your Life that Your Love may flow freely through me this day. ---Amen

No comments: