Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christians to the paschal victim offer your thankful praises--- a lamb the sheep redeeming, Christ, who only is sinless, reconciling sinners to the Father. Death and life have contended in that combat stupendous; the prince of life, who died, reigns immortal. ("Christians, to the Paschal Victim" - Text: attr. Wipo of Burgundy, d.c. 1050; tr. composite)
Check Spelling
Readings of the Day
Matthew 25.31-46-Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.
Numbers 32-34-You shall take possession of the land and settle in it, for I have given you the land to possess.
Job 2-They sat with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his suffering was very great.
Matthew 12.38-42-For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so for three days and three nights the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth.

God's Word of the Day
You have seen My suffering. I spent time in the tomb. Now I have risen. Rejoice and take possession of the land.

Psalm of the Day
I have seen the suffering.
I have seen death.
I have seen You placed in the tomb.
We wait.
You arise and bring new life.
We rejoice and give You all praise.
We take possession of this new land.
We respond to Your Love.
We love others as You have loved us.
From suffering and death comes life and mission.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
All honor and glory and power and praise to You. My risen Savior. Alleluia! ---Amen

No comments: