Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
The risen Christ, who breaks with wounded hand the bread for those who fail to understand, reveals himself, despite their lingering tears, enflames their hearts, then quickly disappears. ("The Risen Christ" - Text: Nigel Weaver, b. 1952)

Readings of the Day
Acts 8.1b-25-That day a severe persecution began against the church in Jerusalem...
Deuteronomy 33-34-Never since has there arisen a prophet in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face.
Job 20-Do you not know this from of old, ever since mortals were placed on earth, that the exulting of the wicked is short, and the joy of the godless is but for a moment?
John 14.1-14-Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

God's Word of the Day
I know you and I have revealed Myself to you. See Me and live. Turn from sin and abide in Me. I am the way and the truth and the life.

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes in my sinfulness I fail to see You, Lord.
I fail to understand what You have done.
Then I see Your scarred hands.
I see You break the bread and offer the wine.
I realize the suffering in body and the shed blood.
I see and begin to understand.
You have provided faith and hope and life.
You have given the way to salvation.
You are the door.
You alone.
You warn me of persecution.
You tell me I will have pain.
But knowing all You have done.
This pain and persecution turn into joy.
Joy of Life in You.
Joy to serve You.
Joy and hope of everlasting Love in You and in the Father.
You, Lord, the way the truth the life.
I see Your wounded hands.
I see the Life You gave.
I give You all glory and honor and praise.
Now, tomorrow and forever!

Prayer of the Day
Thank You Jesus- thank You for the suffering and dying. Thank You for salvation. Thank You for life. Thank You Jesus ---Amen

No comments: