Monday, April 21, 2008

April 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
This joyful Eastertide, away with sin and sorrow! My love, the Crucified, has sprung to life this morrow. Had Christ, who once was slain, not burst his three-day prison, our faith had been in vain. But now has Christ arisen, arisen, arisen, arisen. ("This Joyful Eastertide" - Text: Gearoge R. Woodward, 1848-1934)

Readings of the Day
Acts 8.26-40-Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?
Joshua 1-2-I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
Job 21-What is the Almighty, that we should serve him?
Exodus 13.17-22-So God led the people by the roundabout way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea.

God's Word of the Day
I have arisen and even though your journey may seem to be the roundabout way; know that I have arisen and am with you. You are my baptized called child; serve and follow Me.

Psalm of the Day
Whew! Sometimes it seems I'm going the long way through life.
I feel like I'm on the wrong path.
I feel pain and suffering sometimes.
Other times, I know and see all Your blessings.
This journey seems to be the roundabout way.
But I know of Your presence.
I see You beside me.
I see that You have arisen.
I see that You know pain, suffering and joy and laughter.
All that I experience; You have experienced too.
Along the way there was some water.
You saw the water and combined that water with Your Word.
You combined that water and Word with a promise.
You baptized me and called me Your own.
So now I see Your salvation.
I see Your glory.
I tie that ribbon on my home for salvation.
In the battle you spare me.
You rescue me and call me from the war to follow You.
Today I will follow You.
Today I will listen to Your voice.
Today I will serve You.
What a joy!
Sometimes it seems like I'm going the long way through life!
But that life is in You!
What a joy!
Thanks be to God!
Christ has risen!
He has risen indeed!
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, take me the long way around. What a joy the wilderness is when I'm with You and You're with me. What a joy! ---Amen

No comments: