Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April 1st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Here the true Paschal Lamb we see, whom God so freely gave us, who died on the accursed tree--- so strong God's love!--- to save us. See, his blood now marks our door; faith points to it; death passes over and Satan cannot harm us. Hallelujah! ("Christ Jesus Lay in Death's Strong Bands" - Text: martin Luther, 1483-1546; tr. composite)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 25.1-30-Keep awake therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
Numbers 30-31-When a man makes a vow to the LORD, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word; he shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.
Job 1-"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there; the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrongdoing.
Jonah 1.1-17-He said to them, "Pick me up and throw me into the sea; then the sea will quiet down for you; for I know it is because of me that this great storm has come upon you." ... But the LORD provided a large fish to swallow up Jonah; and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

God's Word of the Day
I give and I take. I am always with you. With you in the blessings. With you in the struggles. I do no wrong. Trust Me and believe. I will save you.

Psalm of the Day
I run from You but You find me still.
I run and You rescue.
I can get into so many situations.
I have so many issues.
But You rescue me.
You cast me into the belly of the fish for three days.
Then You graciously give life.
You emerge with me from the tomb of that belly and grant life.
Your Word is true.
Your Word is salvation.
So now I will always look for You.
Looking to You as You look to me.
Looking and loving each other into eternity.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You have emerged from the tomb alive. You have defeated death and sin. You have saved us. Bring us from our tomb of death to life in You. Lead us out in service to Your plan and purpose; today and to eternity. ---Amen

No comments: