Monday, April 28, 2008

April 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait. You fixed your sight on your servant's plight, and my weakness you did not spurn, so from east to west shall my name be blest. Could the world be about to turn? My heart shall sing of the day you bring. Let the fires of your justice burn. Wipe away all tears, for the dawn draws near, and the world is about to turn. ("Canticle of the Turning" - Text: Rory Cooney, b. 1952, based on the Magnificat)

Readings of the Day
Acts 12-He tapped Peter on the side and woke him, saying, "Get up quickly." And the chains fell off his wrists.
Joshua 15-17-Then allotment was made...
Job 28-Truly, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
Genesis 9.8-17-I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh...

God's Word of the Day
I have set some boundaries for you. But I have also freed you from the prison of sin. Let the chains fall, let My Wisdom reign in you. You are free from sin. Remember the promise and go! Serve Me in My Kingdom.

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You bring about change.
You change my heart.
You let the chains of sin fall from my arms.
You permit me to freely serve in Your Kingdom.
You teach me Your Wisdom.
How deep, how wide, how awesome You are!
You keep and fulfill all promises.
You care and love for me all life long.
Lord, You bring about change.
Change in me.
Change in my heart.
Resurrection in Life.
Christ is risen!
Christ is risen in me!
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Mold me this day and tomorrow and forever into what You wish me to be. Let me ever be attentive to what You want. Teach me how to serve and love in Your Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: